Fleshy and crunchy seaweed, it marries sweet and salty flavours.
Of the six varieties that we offer, it is the seaweed that has the highest iodine content.
Royal Kombu is a great taste enhancer because of the umami that it contains. It also accelerates the cooking of your legumes. Make fish or chicken en papillote in a snap.
TO BE DESALINATED BEFORE USE
• Immerse the seaweed in a large container of fresh water (1 litre for 100 g of seaweed) and stir, the seaweed will unfold and the salt will fall to the bottom of the container. Leave for 15 seconds.
• Remove and press the seaweed slightly between your hands.
• Repeat in a second batch of fresh water for 4 to 5 minutes.
• Taste, the seaweed should have a very slight salty taste.
• Repeat a third time if necessary.
Saccharina latissima* (from Brittany), sea salt.