Soft and tender seaweed with delicate ocean flavours, such as oysters.
Emblematic of Asian cuisine, it is also one of the only seaweeds to be cultivated in Brittany.
Enhance the flavours and smoothness of a soup, spice up a pie or salad, have fun with tempura fritters.
TO BE DESALINATED BEFORE USE
• Immerse the seaweed in a large container of fresh water (1 litre for 100 g of seaweed) and stir, the seaweed will unfold and the salt will fall to the bottom of the container. Leave for 15 seconds.
• Remove and press the seaweed slightly between your hands.
• Repeat in a second batch of fresh water for 3 to 4 minutes (Note: The central rib takes longer to desalinate).
• Taste, the seaweed should have a very slight salty taste.
• Repeat a third time if necessary.
Undaria pinnatifida* (from Brittany), sea salt.